Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Not Feng Shui - A True Blue Story, Seriously! Part-3

Read Part 1 here: Not Feng Shui - A True Blue Story, Seriously! Part-1

Read Part 2 here: Not Feng Shui - A True Blue Story, Seriously! Part-2

Read Part 4 here: Not Feng Shui - A True Blue Story, Seriously! Part-4

We wiped the haunted apartment clean of our stuff.  Everything was transfered to our new home.  Everything including the all the Feng Shui ornaments we bought.  Those were compulsory because those things worthed quite a lot.  These ornaments were a gourd with carvings of the Legendary 8 Immortals around it, a golden fan which the guy at the shop we bought it from called a "Luck Transforming Fan", a golden hollow pagoda that was filled with special dirt (dirt as in soil dirt), palm-sized ornaments of a goat and a rabbit, a golden pendant, crystal stones, 2 sets of 5 ancient coins, 2 blue plush cats and a pendulum-like thingy that was all golden and had a ball, disc and ring at each end.  The last item is like an Astrojax just that instead of having 3 balls connected sequentially with 2 strings, 3 golden cables were connected to form a 'Y' and the ball, disc and the ring were connected to each end of the cables.  People can get really creative with these Feng Shui objects.  For those who really dig and believe this, no offense but I think this things and "how they work" are but an illusion like the milk jug part discussed in this video.  But, please bear in mind that I'm just stating my opinion and NOT at all mocking those who believe in this.  My mom believed in this.  That's why she bought all that in the first place.

All those items were bought from the same Feng Shui store except the rabbit and goat ornaments, crystal stones, pagoda and coins.  I never knew what made these things so special besides their physical appearance until I mom told me that the guys at the Feng Shui shops told her that the Feng Shui objects underwent a ritual that made them have some sort of power.  Some underwent the ritual before being put on sale and some underwent the ritual at the time of being bought.  Even the 2 blue plush cats I mentioned earlier went through that ritual.  Mom bought one for me and got another free.  I gave the other one to my brother.  I liked that cat not knowing that it had 'power' because it was the very first plush toy my mom ever bought for me.

In our new home, we knew how to place the furniture properly but we didn't really know how to put the Feng Shui objects.  At that time we thought that some 'had power' and some didn't because we never knew that such things can be empowered before placed to be sold yet.  We had some of those items empowered at the time of buying them.  So we placed those accordingly.  As for the rest, we just placed them as decorations.  My blue plush cat sat nicely at the headboard of my bed.  My mom also bought a new pair of ornaments that were recommended by the Feng Shui master to further Feng Shui my room.  It was a pair of Qi Lin - one male and one female.

After the first few weeks of living in this house, my family lived a normal live.  My brother, after going through all the supernatural experiences, meditated and prayed once a while at the meditation society owned by the psychic accompanied by my dad.  As a result, he had more chances of talking to the psychic.  After quite an acquaintance, my family found out that this psychic is like any other regular wise 70-year-old guy just that he has 'seen' and is still 'seeing' a lot of things in his life.  My brother asked him a lot of questions regarding spiritual stuff.  One thing my brother asked him brought back the terror of the haunted apartment that we lived in.  My brother asked about the rituals that some spiritual masters usually do to empower objects.  The psychic then explained that that ritual must be done exceptionally carefully or else those objects, though empowered, would start to reek and contain bad energy and thus being able to attract spirits to haunt and live in them.  My brother then told the psychic that our family had some empowered Feng Shui stuff and asked if it were ok to still keep them.  Then the psychic then said that he could be sure about that if he checked those items.

Wow... after what my brother heard from that psychic and told my mom about it, mom decided to let the psychic check all the Feng Shui objects including the ones that were not empowered at the time they were bought just in case.  One evening when my brother went to meditate at the psychic's meditation society, my parents went with him bringing with them a basket packed with all those objects.  I didn't know what happened there actually because I didn't follow them there that evening.  But this was what happened there according to my brother and mom.

The psychic checked everything.  When he checked the gourd with the carvings of the 8 immortals, he said that it was occupied with a spirit of an old man.  That old man was so feeble that he had to bend forward until his arms hung down with his hands almost touching the ground when he walked.  My brother then realized why he felt so weak sometimes and had to do the same when he walked.  He had that gourd in his room all the time.  Next, the psychic checked the golden fan.  He held it in his hand and placed it on his palm and even took a sniff at it.  He said that that fan had a spirit of a Nyonya old woman in it and could even smell the scent of the powder she was wearing.  My mom was surprised because the fan wasn't empowered at the time it was bought but the psychic said it was.  That was when she realized that things like that could receive empowerment before going into the market.  After that, he checked the 2 blue plush cats.  When he touched it, he flinched with disgust.  He said that the 'thing' in those 2 cats would make people feel discomfort and tightness in the lower abdomen and ankles.  He didn't say what form of spirits were occupying those 2 soft toys and my brother didn't ask him either but it made my brother realize why he always had and uneasy gut and swollen ankles.  I had one of those cats in my room but I didn't feel any similar discomfort.  But to be honest, I had difficulty falling asleep for many nights.  Then he proceeded with checking the 2 sets of ancient coins and Qi Lin.  One of the 2 sets of coins had was haunted whereas the other was fine.  As for the pair of Qi Lin, he said they were 'going bad' and if nothing was done to 'repair' it, it would start to attract spirits to inhibit it.  He then continued to check the rest of the items.

The psychic said that tainted items could be 'repaired' by exposing them to lots of sunlight for a while or soaking them in water for a long time.  He also recommended those items to be thrown away if they were not worth keeping.  The rest of the items were the small goat and rabbit ornaments, golden amulet, the 'Y' pendulum-like thingy and the golden pagoda filled with dirt.  All of these items were fine except for the pagoda.  I saved the pagoda as the last item because it caused the most trouble to my family.  The psychic checked the pagoda and said that it had a some sort of a genie living in it and reeked bad energy.  According to him, the entity in this particular item, and the rest of the tainted items, would linger amongst the people living around their respective items disturbing them physically and mentally.  As the pagoda usually sat at my brother's work desk he got the greatest impact from the spirit of that pagoda.  Mom also got affected quite a lot because she would sweep my brother's room everyday.  The entity in the pagoda made my brother mentally disturbed and often seemed lost, forgetful and can't think straight.  My mom on the other hand was affected in the knee.  Her knee was so painful that she couldn't climb the stairs.

Then that night after meditating and having those items checked, my brother and my parents decided to keep only the amulet and the 'Y' pendulum thingy and dump all the rest of the Feng Shui items, tainted or untainted, empowered or not.  They suspected that all the spirits that occupied those items came from the uneasy ground where the haunted apartment we lived in was.  The 2 plush cats were wrapped up in a plastic bag and trashed somewhere.  The rest of the items also went into a roadside dumpster but the pagoda had a special case.  Before it got dumped, my dad opened it and poured out all the dirt.  After that they drove home and told me everything.  I listened as usual until the dumping part.  Hearing it made me feel like a big hammer slammed me hard right in the chest.  Those things cost more than 400 bucks and they were all gone in one evening!  To me it was like throwing 400 buck into the dumpster.  Imagine how many USEFUL things I could have bought with that amount of money it weren't invested in some Feng Shui trinket mumbo jumbo.  Oh...

 - to be continued in part 4 - 

Read Part 1 here: Not Feng Shui - A True Blue Story, Seriously! Part-1

Read Part 2 here: Not Feng Shui - A True Blue Story, Seriously! Part-2

Read Part 4 here: Not Feng Shui - A True Blue Story, Seriously! Part-4



No comments:

Post a Comment